The Union Cabinet has approved on “ONE INDIA, ONE AGRICULTURAL MARKET” which will ensure farmers and traders to enjoy the freedom of choice of sale and purchase of agri-produce.
On this Wednesday, Union cabinet has passed the ordinance of Farming Produce Trade and Commerce Ordinance Trade, 2020.
“The ordinance will create an ecosystem where farmers and traders will enjoy the freedom of choice of sale and purchase of agri-produce,” said Union Minister of Agriculture and Farmers Welfare, Narendra Singh Tomar.
Breaking News – China’s Peaceful Rise and India-China Standoff in Ladakh
The 3 Agricultural Ordinance Passed:
Farming Produce Trade and Commerce Ordinance, 2020:
- The ordinance aims to create ‘One India, One Agricultural Market’
- Farmers can sell their produce outside regulated ‘mandis’ (Agri market)
- No restrictions on inter-state and intra-state trade
Farmers Agreement on Price Assurance and Farm Service Ordinance, 2020:
- Farmers can engage with processors, aggregators, wholesalers, large retailers, and pre-agreed prices
- It will eliminate intermediaries, resulting in full realization of price
Update – IPL and other sports amidst COVID-19
Amendment to Essential Commodities Act:
- Cereals, pulses, oilseeds, edible oil, onion, and potatoes will be removed from the list of essential commodities
- Freedom to hold, move, distribute and supply will lead to harnessing of economies of scale
- This will attract private sector/foreign direct investment into the agricultural sector