India-China standoff in Ladakh is now taking a violent look as 20 Indian soldiers died on Monday night and according to news agency ANI who claimed that Indian intercepts reveal had China had also suffered 43 casualties including death and injuries.
“During the de-escalation process underway in the Galwan Valley, a violent face-off took place yesterday night with casualties on both sides,” the Army said in a statement on Tuesday.
On Monday night, colonel and 2 jawans were killed and later on, Tuesday Indian Army said that 17 more jawans are killed in a violent faceoff. It is considered to be the 1st deadliest clashes between Indian and Chinese troops since 1975. Since then, no soldier of the Indian army died in the frontier of the two countries.
On the left side, there is Colonel Santosh Babu, on the right top Sepoy Ojha and at the bottom Havildar Palani who were killed in the faceoff with China on Monday night.
Media and some political leaders also requested for clarification on which, Ministry of External Affairs (MEA) official spokesperson’s response to media queries on the situation in the western sector of the India-China border:
” India and China have been discussing through military and diplomatic channels the de-escalation of the situation in the border area in Eastern Ladakh.
Senior Commanders had a productive meeting on 6th June 2020 and agreed on a process for such de-escalation. Subsequently, ground commanders had a series of meetings to implement the consensus reached a higher level.
While it was our expectation that this would unfold smoothly, the Chinese side departed from the consensus to respect the Line of Actual Control (LAC) in the Galwan Valley.
On the late evening and night of 15th June 2020 a violent face-off happened as a result of an attempt by the Chinese side to unilaterally change the status quo there. Both sides suffered casualties that could have been avoided had the agreement at the higher level been scrupulously followed by the Chinese side.
Given its responsible approach to border management, India is very clear that all its activities are always within the Indian side of the LAC. We expect the same of the Chinese side.
We remain firmly convinced of the need for the maintenance of peace and tranquillity in the border areas and the resolution of differences through dialogue. At the same time, we are also strongly committed to ensuring India’s sovereignty and territorial integrity.”
June 16, 2020
Tamil Nadu CM Announced Compensation to Martyred Army Man K Palani’s Family
On 16th June, Edappadi K Palaniswami, Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu has sanctioned Rs 20 lakh to Martyr’s family and a government job to a family member of K Palani. K Palani was an army man who martyred in the face-off with China in Ladakh.
Palaniswami also tweeted, “I was shocked to know about the death of Palani, a native of Kadakalur village in Ramanathapuram district, by the Chinese army in Ladakh region. My condolences to the family members”
He further said, “I have sanctioned Rs 20 lakh to the family and a government job for one family member. I have also instructed the Ramanathapuram district collector to go in person and pay homage to the soldier”.